Bruce McGechan is a private capital markets expert.
- mid-market NZ businesses sell their business or raise equity
- investors and their financial advisers allocate capital in the private markets
He is an Authorised Financial Adviser (FMA license), M&A Adviser (Business Broker REA license) and has a BCA (Vic), Dip Japan Studies (Keio) and Master of Entrepreneurship (Otago).
- Selling a business (as either a M&A advisor or business broker depending on the transaction type)
- Raising equity
- Business appraisal and valuation
- Private capital markets only
- Mid-Market Businesses (EBITDA NZ$1-10M)
- Financial Adviser Practice M&A advice
- Business Broker under REA
- Investment Statement (FMA) if a public offer
Company: Mandanex Capital
Maximising Sales Price
- Known as "Exit Strategy" or "Exit Planning"
- Maximises business sales price
- Maximises personal wealth
- Maximises net proceeds through financial planning
- Maintain business value in the case of sickness or death
- Prepare for life after business financially and mentally
Regulatory license: Authorised Financial Adviser (FMA) for financial advice. M&A/Broker (REA) for a business sale. Company: Sole Trader while we are in the
Financial Services Legislation Amendment Act transition period. Mandanex Capital for a business sale.
- Providing advice on alternative asset portfolio diversification to fellow AFAs and wholesale investors
- Advocating for Search Funds
Regulatory license: Authorised Financial Adviser (FMA).
Company: Sole Trader while we are in the Financial Services Legislation Amendment Act transition period.
- Personal Financial Planning for the Business Owner
- Business Sale Ready? Closing the Valuation Gap with Industry Peers
- How to Maximise your Business Value through Exit Planning
- The Curious Kiwi Capitalist Podcast
- Search Funds in New Zealand: what are they and a way forward
- How to Sell a Business
- Example of Valuation in New Zealand
- The Mid-Market Business Sale Process in New Zealand
- How to Sell a Business Fast
- Business Valuation in New Zealand
- The Contract for Selling a Business
Call me today or schedule an appointment.
I'm a M&A Adviser and Authorised Financial Adviser.
My expertise comes from decades working industries across manufacturing, tourism, beverages, hospitality, digital and creative industries. I started off in Fletcher Challenge New Ventures in 1994, before moving into sales and marketing in DB Breweries, Vodafone, Cardrona, M&P Consulting and Manadanex Capital. I have been and am a company director as well as a board adviser.
I have a Masters of Entrepreneurship (Otago, with Distinction, 2010) with particular expertise in company valuation and fundraising. I also have a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration (Victoria, Accounting, 1991), and a Diploma in Japanese Studies (Keio, Japan, 1994).
I grew up in Wellington and live here with my wife and two kids, and have also lived in Tokyo, Auckland and Central Otago for many years and spent many months in the US. I have an extensive Asian, American and Australian network.