I assist companies raise investment funds or sell only equity.
Many owners don’t want to sell 100% of their business but sell a portion of their equity or raise new equity capital. Examples include:
– there may be two shareholders and one wishes to retire while the other younger shareholder wishes to remain
– a large shareholder may wish to sell down some of their equity but the other shareholders don’t want to increase their shareholding
– a business may have significant growth opportunities and needs more capital, so a new investor needs to be found with existing shareholders remaining in the business
– an “early stage” business requires significant new investment to assist with their fast growth and scale, this might be Series A or Series B rounds.
The same process as for a Business Sale applies:
- We understand the business
- We value the business
- We advise on the best method of sale
- We approach buyers
- We provide information
- We assist with contractual negotiations
- We keep in touch
The key difference is we sell equity or shares rather than 100% of the business usually sold as assets.
I will often take on challenging but interesting projects that seem too difficult or risky to other M&A Advisors or Business Brokers.